Showering is essential hygiene routine, but temperature can vary here. Whether hot or cold, this affects the health so read more on these two kinds below.
Some prefer hot
- Hot water relieves tension and soothes muscles that are stiff. If you have a good showerhead, great! The hot water under pressure can be like massage on the neck, back and shoulders.
- Studies shown that a hot shower amps up the oxytocin and removes anxiety.
- Decongesting and relieving flu and cold signs. The hot steam also gives moisture to the nasal paths
Some prefer cold
- The cold water, even if it sounds unbearable, is really healthy! Cold water for a few minutes shocks the body and makes it more awake. This change in heat removes fatigue and makes you more alert.
- Shower of 68 degrees more or less, for a few minutes every day is great for treating depression. But, talk with the doctor in this case.
- Hair and skin benefit more from cold water. Hot water makes them dry, but cold closes the pores, makes the skin tight, hair shiny.