To be honest, we do not like squats and we still do them since they form the glutes. Luckily, we have 5 workouts better than squats.
These are the best 5 workouts for the daily routine they all last short and are effective.
- Single leg lift kettlebell– get a 20 lbs kettlebell in the left hand, stand on the right leg. Keep the other leg a bit on the ground and the back is straight. The left knee is bent, the upper body forward, the free leg extended behind for balance. Lower down the kettlebell close to the ground, return to start pose and do the move with the opposite side. Do 3 sets and 15 reps.
- Curtsy lunges– stand straight, feet are as the hip width apart, hands are placed on hips. Make a step back with the left leg, cross it behind, lower left knee to the floor, right knee is above the right ankle and the torso is straight. Lower the hips until the right leg is parallel to the floor. Hold this for 2 seconds, return to start and repeat with the other side. Do 3 sets and 15 reps.
- Fire hydrant and leg extension– start on all 4, knees are hip width apart, hands are below the shoulders. Keep the knee bent 90 degree angle, lift the left leg to the left side, extend. Pause 2 seconds and bend it again, bring it back to start and repeat. Do 3 sets and 20 reps.
- Barbell step ups– for this, put a bench or some chair in front of you. Put the right foot in the center of this chair, hold a barbell behind the head, use both hands. Step on the bench and bring the left knee forward. Lower back down and switch legs. Do 3 sets and 20 reps.
- Bear plank leg lift– start in plank pose and form a straight line. Shoulders are above wrists. Bend both knees, right knee is then bent 90 degrees. Squeeze the glutes, lift the right leg, raise the heel as much as you can, hold for 2 seconds and lower the leg down. Repeat. Do 3 sets and 15 reps.
Make these workouts daily and the results will amaze you.