There is no magic in making hair grow faster and better. Averagely, the hair grows ½ inch per month. Genes, health, diet and wellbeing all impact the hair quality.
You can make better hair growth by having a healthy diet and hair care. Some herbs might help even more in this process.
The 10 tips to make hair grow faster:
- Healthy diet– a diet full of proteins, vitamins and minerals is crucial here. Have foods with vitamins A, B, C, E, zinc, iron, magnesium, copper, selenium. The B complex vitamins are especially important too. Eat milk, cheese, chicken, eggs, yoghurt, salmon, grains, broccoli, spinach, cabbage, bell peppers, parsley, cabbage, avocado, grapefruit, oats, brown bread, alfalfa. Also have fresh veggie and fruit juices like grapefruit, orange, beet, carrot and lettuce. Also eat flaxseed, fish, winter squash, walnuts, beans, olive oils and other omega 3 foods. They make hair grow 3% more on average. Avoid nutrition deficits since they make the hair fall! Get supplements of vitamin E and zinc to stop hair loss!
- Castor oil– this one has vitamin E and good fatty acids, like omega 9 for more hair growing. This oil is viscous so mix it with same parts coconut, almond or olive oil. Massage the scalp and let this sit for 45 min. then shampoo the hair. Also add some essential oils if you want like mint, rosemary, lavender, eucalyptus, thyme…
- Massage the scalp– this makes better blood flow in the scalp and works up the hair follicles. Also deep conditioning once per week is vital too. Apply the oil warmed up or some hair mask. Rub gently the scalp in circle motions for 5 min. rinse the oil or mask in the end.
- Flip hair upside down– the most know trick for volume and hair growth too. Flip the head upside down for a few minutes every day to make better circulation in the head.
- No stress– the most important factor that affects the look! Stress causes hair loss and disrupts the hair health and hairs enter telogen phase or falling out phase. So, less stress! To manage this, meditate, breathe deeply and relax. Also get enough sleep since the growth hormones work in the night as we sleep.
- Whip some eggs– eggs are amazing for the hair since they have proteins and iron, sulfur, selenium and zinc among other things. Use an egg mask once a month at least. Get an egg and whisk it. Add 4 tbsp grapeseed oil and some lavender oil, a few drops. Put this on the scalp and hair and after 60 min, rinse with shampoo. Or apply a mix of 2 yolks and 2 tbsp virgin olive oil on the scalp. After 20 min, wash this with cold water and shampoo. Lastly, whisk an egg and 1 cup milk, 2 tbsp olive oil and lemon juice. Apply this on the scalp and after half an hour shampoo the hair.
- Infuse more herbs in the hair– catnip, rosemary, horsetail, burdock, nettle and sage help a lot. The rosemary is the best and stimulates hair follicles better. Also adds luster in the strands. The polyphenols in green tea also remove inflammation and make hair grow more. And blood flow in the head gets better too! Make herb infusion by steeping the herbs in hot water for 20 min and then use them for the final rinse after the shampoo. This also makes hair easier to manage after the drying. Mix in some essential oils in the shampoo too as well as herbal infusions and drink plenty of teas.
- Herbal and vitamin supplements– along a healthy diet, you can also take supplements like biotin, folic acid, fish oil, kelp, flaxseed oil, evening primrose, ginseng, saw palmetto, ginkgo biloba and similar. The biotin and folic acid in B complex (B9 and B7) aid a lot. But, before taking such pills, talk with your doctor first.
- Aloe Vera– this herb nourishes the hair and stops hair fall. Also it removes dandruff and restores the sheen. Put pure aloe gel with lemon juice for 20 min, after this shampoo the hair and repeat this every week. Or mix aloe gel and same parts coconut milk and wheat germ oil for application. And, drink aloe vera juice.
- Address possible medical issues– every effort to make hair grow better is in vain if you have some medical issues like thyroid problems, hormone imbalance, infections and chronic illnesses. Some meds like birth control, anabolic steroids, beta-blockers, antidepressants, anticonvulsants and such can thin out the hair. The seborrheic dermatitis and infections of the scalp can make itchiness in the scalp and hair fall. So, see which health issues you might have that affect the hair and resolve them ASAP to make hair grow again.
To add to these tips, try home remedies like Indian gooseberry, amla oil, paste of fenugreek, mayo hair pack and similar DIY remedies.
Keep the hair pretty and healthy with good hair care and diet and always get hair items suitable for your hair type. Also, keep the hair healthy by avoiding chemicals and hair styling as much as you can.