The pineapple is the tropical fruit, oval in shape, with waxy skin and hexagonal sections like scales. Regardless this shape and size, every pineapple has these sections.
The top has some point leaves and spines and looks like a crown. The ripe is yellow in flesh, sweet and smells nice too.
When harvested, is not ripening much more so it has to be picked ripe and distributed fast. This is why mostly canned ones are found, for longer shelf life.
Pineapple has B1, C, B2, b3, B5, B6. Also magnesium, copper, potassium, fiber, manganese, folic acid, beta carotene too.
The best thing is the bromelain, enzyme for many benefits. It makes balance in fluids and secretion of hormones in pancreas.
Due to the bromelain, this fruit fights inflammation and swelling too. Drinking fresh juice also removes pains.
- Inflammations-the juice removes inflammation and gout, arthritis, rheum, injury and surgery pain, and carpal tunnel syndrome too.
- Atherosclerosis- this fruit has vitamin C for healthy arteries, no oxidants and hardening in them
- Blood clots- the core nutrients and stem ones stop blood clots.
- Bone health- it has minerals for stronger bones, connection tissues and bone tissues.
- Digestion- fresh juice every day makes amazing digestion and GI tract.
- Hypertension- due to the antioxidants, blood clots are prevented and pressure is lowered with no side effects like of meds.
- Immunity- due to the C, immunity is boosted.
- Respiratory issues- you can benefit a lot if you have bronchitis, asthma, sinusitis, pneumonia and more since bromelain dissolves extra mucus. A study said this fruit lowers mucus better than drugs and syrup. People recovered 4.8 times better with this.
- Sore throat- the juice removes redness and sore throat
- Healthy vision-the beta carotene is good for the vision health.
A few hours prior eating it, cut of the crown and turn the fruit upside down. Refrigerate it like that, the bottom will distribute nutrients all over the fruit. Keep this in airtight container and stored this way it lasts a week in the fridge.
Those with low sugar and diabetics should avoid this fruit.
Cough suppressant recipe with pineapple
1 cup pineapple juice
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tbsp honey
½ tsp cayenne
Mix all items, get ¼ cup of this 3 times daily.