Cinnamon was long used as spice and medicine, both. Even in ancient times was treasured and considered as gold.
It is made from the brown bark cinnamon tree and can be found as dry tubular form or sticks or powder.
It has a nice warm, sweet aroma and smell. And there are even 100 varieties!
The key benefits are from the essential oil of the bark.
This oil has cinnamaldehyde, cinnamyl acetate and cinnamyl alcohol too.
The cinnamon also kills microbes, inflammation, infections and clotting.
It has antioxidants, minerals, polyphenols, manganese, calcium, iron, fiber all vital for health. also has natural sugars, amino acids and fats and carbs.
The best benefits:
Controlling blood sugar
– Cinnamon is vital for those with diabetes 2, it helps in insulin responses and normalizes sugars. Some items in it work up the insulin receptors and stop the enzyme for activating them, thus cells use glucose better. Regularly have ½ tsp daily and reduce blood sugar in diabetes 2. Just sprinkle this on the breakfast oatmeal or pinch a bit in the coffee or tea.
Boosted brain work
– This spice makes mental focusing better. The smell and aroma do this for sure. The smell makes better cognition and brain work, attention, virtual memory, work memory and visual motor speed for PC working. Those who have exam anxiety can drink tea with cinnamon and soothe the mind.
No heart issues
– It removes inflammation and keeps heart safe, arteries too from damage and infections. All foods we snack have cholesterol and bad fats that clog arteries. The toxins and plaque deposits lead to heart issues and disease. Cinnamon removes bad cholesterol and lowers it. also removes inflammation and reduces risk of stroke and attacks.
– Cinnamon gives you fiber, calcium and mineral manganese. The mix of calcium and fiber makes healthy colon. Both these bind to salts of bile and remove bad items. If you remove bile, fiber stops damage that bile salts make in colon and thus you have less risk of colon cancer. This fiber also cures IBs, constipation and diarrhea.
Prevention to cancer
– Studies said cinnamon stops cancer, prevents it and even cures it. a study of the Texas University said this spice removes cancer cells and prevents growth. Also slows down leukemia and lymphoma.
Better blood flow
– Cinnamon has coumarin for blood thinning. This makes better blood flow. Also keep in mind excess coumarin makes liver problems so have small amounts of this.
– This spice removes inflammation and soothes brain tissues in this case. It delays the diseases like Alzheimer’s, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s, meningitis and brain tumors.
Reduced bad cholesterol
– Cinnamon reduces the LDL and triglycerides. And this lowers risk of heart issues. The active item methylhydroxychalcone polymers make better cell metabolism for sugar even 20 times more. For this, sprinkle cinnamon in the oatmeal and coffee.
– This spice heals flu and colds. For sore throat, add 1-2 tsps cinnamon in hot tea or cider. Also add lemon juice for respiratory issues. For a cold or cough, mix honey, lukewarm water, ¼ tsp cinnamon, 2 times daily at night and morning.
Less arthritis pain
– Studies said cinnamon reduces cytokines and arthritis. People were given ½ tsp cinnamon and 1 tbsp honey every morning after waking up. Arthritis was relieved after a week and after a month, they walked better.
Cinnamon is healthy, but in moderation. No large doses!
Large doses can damage the liver! Also, if you are pregnant or nursing, cautiously!