Do you recall the smell of ACV from grandma house? Maybe you drank it when your belly hurt or you wanted to relieve sunburns and bug bites? Well it is back on.
Grandma was right, this is indeed a cure for many illnesses so always try to have a bottle of ACV in the home.
How can this simple item be so potent? The benefits of it are named the Mother. This looks like spider web floating in the bottom of the bottle, and this item has benefits that boost the health and body. This mother is alive and has good bacteria and nutrients.
How is ACV made?
The raw ACV is made of apples and fermentation. During this, the enzymes and nutrients are kept for health uses.
These are just some nutrition facts for ACV:
- Potassium for stronger teeth, no hair loss and runny noses
- Pectin for pressure and no bad cholesterol
- Malic acid for shield against viruses, fungi, bacteria
- Calcium for teeth and bones
- Ash for normal body pH and alkalinity
- Acetic acid for slower metabolizing of sugars
- Vitamins A, b1, B2, B6, C, E
The difference between white vinegar and ACV
The regular vinegar has no health benefits like the ACV. This vinegar had lot of distilling and processing and has benefits stripped away. The acv has living good bacteria for the health.
If there is not a cobweb in the bottom, the vinegar is not so healthy. You need the Mother.
ACV for the face and skin
ACV is just as good topical as it is internal. Many use this for the skin in skin care, it is effective, cheap, 100% natural and amazing.
5 reasons to use ACV on the face
If you get regular soap and cleansers for the face, you do more harm. These items have perfumes, colors, chemicals, leave the skin dry and tired.
But the good part is that many natural things can help make the skin nice again. Acv is such an item.
These are the reasons why AcV is good for the face. But careful, never use ACV plain, it might burn the skin. Dilute it with 50% water and try it first on the hand before you put it on the face. Sometimes, people have sensitivity to this.
- Reducing age spots– wash the face with this daily and see age spots change. This vinegar has alpha hydroxy acids for removal of dead skin and making the skin vibrant. Also dab cotton in this and put it on the age spots. After half an hour, wash with cold water. Do this 2 times daily for 6 weeks.
- For acne, pimples and blemish– no need for acne creams, just get acv. Malic acid is made in this vinegar and this removes bacteria, fungi, viruses and stops future acne.
- Balance for the skin– when you remove skin oils, ACV also balances the skin pH and keeps skin not oily nor dry. Rinse the face daily with it and be amazed
- For wrinkles– dilute ACV for the face and remove fine lines and wrinkles. Soak cotton in it and dab the skin, then rinse with lukewarm and pat it dry.
- Removal of face toxins– use of this will make skin detoxes and keep the skin glow.
Strange and common uses of ACV
- Salad dressing– use ACV instead of dressings and mix ½ cup vinegar with 2 tbsp honey, lemon juice and top the salad.
- Fluffy rice– when cooking rice, add a bit vinegar to make it fluffy
- All purpose cleaner– ACV can clean any spot in the home. Mix 1 part vinegar and 3 drops essential oil, put this in spray bottle and use on counters, bathroom, dusting, surfaces…
- Catching fruit flies– these flies love the apple taste and this is a good trap. Put ACV in cup and top this with dish soap. Set this on the counter and catch flies.
- Steak marinade– marinate the beef in ACV for half an hour and it will be tasty and tender
- Clean veggies and fruits– dilute AC to clean produce. Always wash the produce, even organic one
- No leg cramps– these happen since you lack potassium. If you have these, rub ACV where it hurts
- Removal of warts– these can hurt too. Many items can be bought but ACV is better. It costs less and is more effective. Soak cotton in this and secure with bandage. Remove in the morning.
- Yeasts infections– to cure this, add ½ cup ACV in bath water and soak 20 min
- Healthy rinse for hair-for shiny hair, rinse the hair in ½ cup ACV and ½ cup water. Do this few times weekly and feel the great hair!
- Flea bath– rinse the dogs after baths with ACV and no more fleas! Make flea spray of part water, part ACV and some mint oil drops. Spray this on the coat of the pet.
- Clear stuffy nose– for this or allergies and colds, mix 1 tbsp ACV and glass warm water. Drink it and add honey or lemon for taste
- Heartburn– it seems strange but this works. Heartburn means too little acid not too much. Mix 2 tbsp acv and 8 oz water, drink before meals.
ACV recipes for hair, skin and health
These are some beauty recipes for using acv.
Skin clearing mask
Amazing for using every week.
1 tsp arrowroot powder
1 tsp rose water
¼ tsp acv
¼ tsp yeast
1 tsp ginger kombucha
Mix them all and apply on the face. Rinse with warm water and pat it.
For damaged and dry hair, mix honey and acv.
10 tbsp acv
¼ cup honey
Mix them and apply on wet or damp hair. After 20 min, rinse the hair.
No more market bought drinks, loads of chemicals and sugars. Make your own energy drink.
1 cup water
1 tbsp honey
¼ tsp fresh ginger root, grated
2 tsps acv
Mix them and wait the honey to be dissolved. Drink fast and get energy!
After hard working day, relax in this bath. Just add 2 cups acv and 2 cups Epsom salt and lavender oil 15 drops and enjoy.
Weight loss boosted!
This will speed metabolism and try to mix the drink with healthy diet and workouts too.
2 cups water
1 tbsp acv
½ lemon juice
Dash red pepper
1 tsp honey
Mix them all and store it in glass or bottle and keep it refrigerated for a week tops.
Amazing for flu and cold season.
1 tsp acv
1 cup green tea
2 drops honey
Small ginger piece
Dash Ceylon cinnamon
Steep this tea and wait for 3 min. remove aside and add the rest of items. Steep ginger longer. Remove it and drink up.
Make your own ACV
Make tasty and healthy vinegar yourself.
Apple peelings or the cores
1 tbsp sugar for a cup water ratio
Fill the jar with ¾ of the peels and cores.
Add the sugar and dissolve it. put this over the scrapes of apples and cover them, leaving few inches at the top. Cover this with coffee filter and rubber band and let the jar sit in dark and warm place for 14 days. Add the vinegar 3 times per week. Remove any scum residue on the top and strain it after 2 weeks. Let this vinegar sit off another 2-4 weeks and put it in a jar with lid.