Just walk properly and you can lose 20 lbs. in 5 months. It is considered as one of the best forms of activity.
Body weight and walking burn calories. If you walk with an average speed you can burn 400 calories on every 3 miles you burn extra calories.
Pedometer to lose the weight
Wear a pedometer around your hips it will tell you how many steps you made. Set yourself a goal for every day and it will stimulate you even more.
How many steps to lose the weight
You can burn 100 calories per mile or per 2000 steps. Now the pedometer will come in handy.
- 2000 steps or 1 mile – 100 calories
- 1 pound – 3500 calories
- One pound per week – 500 calories per day
- Walk 10,000 steps if you want to lose one pound per week.
Let the walk be interesting
- Walk with friends and family
- Change your daily routine
- On every 2 weeks switch the track
- Walk in the neighborhood, parks, listen to music
- Use treadmill if you can afford one
On a busy day
Leave your car away, use the stairs, walk the children to school, avoid buses and taxis whenever you can.
Keep your eyes forward, chin up, tighten glutes, tight stomach.
How often we need to walk
3 days per week 15-20 min. per day at the begging and they up to 60 min per day.