Razor burns are the pink or red rashes that appear after shaving. Men and women, they all face them. They are very unpleasant and even painful and therefore today we are going to present you how to prevent them.
Causes of razor burns
- Inappropriate shaving cream or soaps
- Shaving without a soap or cream
- Blunt blade
- Pressing too hard
Preventing razor burns
- Shave after showering – then your hair is soft and you will remove the unwanted hair more easily.
- Soften the hair – you can rub a hair conditioner, especially men, and try avoiding creams that you are allergic to.
- Exfoliate the skin – remove the dead cells with a facial scrub, this will help you too.
- Shaving brush for men – this will help the cream to get under your skin and make it softer therefore it is important to use a shaving brush.
- Sharp razor – if your razor isn’t sharp then you are just tearing the hair and irritating your skin. You need a sharp razor that will instantly cut your hair.
- Shave with the grain – do not shave against the direction in which the hair grows because then you are irritation your skin and causing razor burns instead shave in the direction in which the hair grows.
- Shaving in short quick strokes – that means you must avoid pressure while you are shaving.
- Cleaning the blade after every stroke – in order to be effective the razor must be clean after every stroke.
- Rinse with cold water – that will close your pores and will help you to avoid the irritation.
- Apply moisturizer – this will soothe your skin.
- Dry your razor after shaving – this will prevent the razor from getting dull.
Preventing razor burns on the neck
- Prepare the neck the same as your face
- Apply pre-shaving oil
- Use cold water
- Sharp blade
- Try not to over-stretching the skin
- Shave with the grain
- Clean your neck after shaving
Get rid of razor burns
Cold compress will help you instantly
Wrap ice cubes in a towel and apply it on the razor burn repeat this few times. You can do the same but with a towel soaked in a cold water.
Apple cider vinegar and honey
Apply honey to the razor burn and leave it 5 min. Then wash the face and splash the ACV and let it dry.