Some people are prone to bruises and this is more common in women. Anemia is the main reason why this happens, but there are also many different reasons for that.
Bruising happens as a result of injury tp the tissues under the skin. Some capillaries break and the blood pools and causes discoloration of the skin. Some people get bruises by simply hitting themselves on a hard object.
What causes bruising?
- Anemia and vitamin C deficiency can cause bruising, but also vitamin K or B12.
- Some blood clotting disorders make the blood vessels thinner and this makes them more prone to rupture.
- Heavy smoking also thinners the blood vessels.
- Bruising might be as a result of some other more serious diseases such as cancer, lupus, AIDS, and liver disorders.
- Medications such as aspirin might cause thinning of the blood vessels that lead to bruising.
- Older people and young children are more prone to bruising.
Herbal remedies for bruising
There are certain herbal remedies that can help you with bruising, here are some of them:
- Alfalfa supplies are great for bruising. They can be taken as supplements or eaten.
- Arnica has the ability to reduce the swelling and inflammation. Rub some arnica ointment on your bruise, two times per day.
- Cayenne pepper is another thing that can help you with bruising. Mix 1 part of cayenne pepper powder and 5 parts of coconut oil. Apply this ointment two times per day.
- Dandelion is also something that can help you with bruising. You can consume it as a tea or as a supplement.
- Oregano oil, applied topically.
- Fresh parsley leaves can be applied directly.
- Apply some ice after an injury
- Soak a cotton ball in some witch hazel and apply it to the affected area
- Rub some white vinegar and water on the affected area
- Apply a raw potato to the affected area
- Eat foods rich in vitamin C and K such as carrots, kale, fresh fruits, cabbage, etc.
- Avoid aspirin and ibuprofen
When bruising is more serious
If you have a bruise that doesn’t heal in a week or more then you should visit your doctor. You should never ignore bruising.