- On every 2.5 seconds is sold 1 jar of Nutella and on every 8 seconds one child is born.
- Napoleon might be responsible for the Nutella addiction.
In 1806 Napoleon tried freezing out British commerce in order to win the war. The result was the enormous rise in the price of the chocolate. In order to increase the amount of chocolate, chocolatiers add hazelnuts and created Nutella.
- It wasn’t always Nutella.
It is a combination of the Latin suffix ‘’ella’’ which means “sweet” and the English word “nut” but at the beginning, its name was “pasta gianduja”.
- Nutella arrived very late in the USA.
Nutella firstly was introduced to the European market in 1964 but in America, it was introduced in 1983.
- You cannot name your child Nutella.
- The owners of Nutella could live in a castle of chocolate if they want to.
Michele Ferrero has a net worth of more than $26 billion.
- In California, you can find Nutella at dispensaries.
- Circle the world 1.4 times with the Nutella amount sold every year.
- 25% of the world’s nuts are used in Nutella.
- Nutella’s formula varies from country to country.
- More than 6 million pictures on Instagram are tagged #nutella.
- Probably you are pronouncing it wrong. The right pronunciation is “nuh-tell-uh”.
- You could light Nutella on fire.